About Outstanding Thermal Efficiency
The thermal efficiency of a refrigerated truck body directly relates to the construction techniques and materials used. At Johnson, we follow a five-point construction process that produces the industry's highest insulation value.
Johnson's five-point process to achieving outstanding thermal efficiency:
- Seamless Exterior Fiberglass Panels
- Johnson's excusive seamless ArcticTherm® interior sanitary liner
- Johnson's exclusive pultruded polyester fiber strand thermal break
- Void-free, 2.1-lb. foamed-in-place under pressure insulation
- Triple Seal™ door gaskets
Independent Testing Proves Johnson Has Higher R-Value
Examples of Heat Transfer of side and rear walls between a Johnson fiberglass body and a traditional sheet and post aluminum body is shown by these thermal imaging photos. To demonstrate the amount of heat transfer, the interior temperature was 120°F for both bodies in the study with an ambient exterior temperature of 40°F. The brighter red and yellow areas in the photos reveal areas of higher heat transfer.